Carriage House Center for the Arts
About Carriage House Center for the Arts
The Carriage House Center for the Arts has an elegant, traditional carriage house exterior and a modern loft-like interior with high-quality finishes. It's operated by the Gabarron Foundation, a non-profit group which exhibits and supports the work of European and American artists. The house, built in 1902, was designed by noted architect Ralph S. Townsend as a private stable. It was later owned by George S. Bowdoin, a partner at J.P. Morgan. Now the Landmark building, a renovated and elegant modern space with 24' ceilings, is the perfect environment and layout for company meetings and retreats, lectures, seminars and panel discussions, seated dinners, cocktail receptions, book signings, product launches, fashion shoots and social events. The Carriage House is a beautiful and exciting event space. A spiral staircase joins the three floors and natural light filters into the space through a glass brick rooftop. Additional features include a fully-equipped professional kitchen and state-of-the art A/V equipment.